This is a 12-month contract opportunity with one of our clients.
(LOCAL CANDIDATES only)
1st shift – 8 am – 5pm
As Technical Process writer you will generate, copy edit, rewrite, authenticate and improve technical documentation for use by the Technical Support Center. This will involve working with multiple functions within the organization including Engineering, Field Support, Sales, and Marketing, as well as client customers who use client products and services. You will utilize strong interpersonal skills by working with multiple internal clients across functions.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Specifications and User Stories (including GUI, Screen and Interface designs).
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- This position does not require Project Management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent grammatical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment including managers, other editors and writers, and cross functional peers to support deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of standard toolset
- This individual must work effectively with staff to vice-president level employees within the function, and the technical, writing team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience as an editor or writer is required.
- A Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree, or equivalent experience is required. Fields of study preferred are English, Journalism, Writing, Grammar or Computer Science.
- Support background is preferred and a solid understanding of technical support is a must.
- Our client is seeking a proactive individual.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex projects.
This is a well paid, one year contract for one of the best companies in RTP, NC.
Apply through this ad, or send a Word version to Martha Michaux at martham AT hirenetworks.com. Please reference LJMM-1221 in the subject line.
"Procrastination is the grave in which opportunity is buried" - do not let THIS OPPORTUNITY pass you by! We look forward to reviewing your credentials!
HireNetworks, Inc. provides strategic hiring services, including on-site and on-demand recruiting, to emerging and high-growth companies. We also offer career management to professionals seeking opportunities in technology, business, sales and the life sciences. We are ranked as one of the Top 5 Technical Recruiting firms in the Triangle by the Triangle Business Journal and we have been consistently recognized as a leader in the recruiting industry since opening our doors in 2001.
Serving as a collaborative business partner, HireNetworks offers expanded services and alliance service networks that enable clients to build their businesses, as well as their staffs. HireNetworks has earned the loyalty of a growing customer base through consistent placement of top talent that provides intellectual capital, enduring material value and corporate stability. For more information, please visit www.HireNetworks.com.