Contract position with one of our clients.
This is an exciting opportunity with one of the hottest companies in the Triangle. If you are seeking a company that values their employees and provides continuous training, you will not want to bypass this opportunity. If you meet the requirements below, send me your resume today!
1st shift – working Monday - Friday 7 - 4
6 month contract (will most likely convert to permanent after 6 months)
As a Technical Support Engineer, Level 3 you provide support for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. You will troubleshoot protocols running on client hardware to assist customers with problem isolation and resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills, and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Resolve customer problems via the telephone, the web or Autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of your specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
Create new knowledge base articles to document new solutions for reuse throughout the center.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and complementary storage applications.
- Begin to focus on an area of technical specialization and attend classes, complete lab projects, read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills are required in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
- Working Knowledge of some of the following protocols and applications:
- SAN (FCP and iSCSI)
- Networking (including knowledge of Brocade and Cisco), TCP/IP
- CIFS and NFS, the Windows and UNIX file sharing protocols
- RAID 0 and 4
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Must have 2 or more areas of expertise in the following: SAN, Virtualization, networking, backup and recovery, Windows, Linux, Unix, Fibre Channel, iSCSI; including at least 2 years of experience working in that particular specialty.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field and 5+ years of experience in data storage, networking, system administration or technical support is required.
Unix or Windows troubleshooting skills a must.
Production support experience a must (supporting enterprise customers).
NFS of CIFS experience a must.
Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
Apply through this ad, or send a Word version to Martha Michaux at martham AT hirenetworks.com. Please reference LJMM2361 in the subject line.
The Grass Really is Greener…
HireNetworks is a leader in strategic recruiting, staffing, vendor management and HR consulting services to blue chip, international and emerging-growth companies. We focus on providing elite, pre-screened personnel for the information technology, life sciences, healthcare and semiconductor sectors. We also offer career management to professionals seeking opportunities in technology, business, sales and the life sciences.
We are ranked as one of the Top 5 Technical Recruiting firms in the Triangle and Best Places to Work by the Triangle Business Journal in 2010. Serving as a collaborative business partner, HireNetworks offers expanded services and alliance service networks that enable clients to build their businesses, as well as their staffs. HireNetworks has earned the loyalty of a growing customer base through consistent placement of top talent providing intellectual capital, enduring material value and corporate stability. For more information, please visit www.HireNetworks.com.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.